Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
Ready in: 1hour 15 minute
Serves: 14 people
. 1 pound ground turkey (you can use chicken also)
. 1 package pasta shells
. 1 chopped onion
. 3 cloves mince garlic
. 8 ounce diced mushroom
. 2 cups cottage cheese
. 1 jar spaghetti sauce
. 1 package frozen chopped, thawed and drained spinach
. 1 package mozzarella cheese
. 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
. 1 cup nicely grated parmesan cheese
. Pepper and salt to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F or 175 degrees C.
- Take a large pot and boil water with a bit of salt. After boiling add the pasta and cook until dente about 8-10 minutes and set aside in warm water.
- Take a large skillet sauté onions, mushrooms and garlic. Now add ground turkey and cook until evenly brown and season with pepper and salt. When done remove from heat and stir in parsley, spinach, parmesan cheese and cottage cheese.
- Now stuff the cooked shells with mixture and place in a slightly greased baking dish. Cover with spaghetti sauce and sprinkle top with the mozzarella cheese.
- Cover the baking dish with foil and bake them for 30-45 minutes long or until they melted and cooked properly.