Cooking level: mid
TOTAL TIME: 1hr
PREP: 15 MINS
COOK: 45 MINS
. 2 bags or 5 ounce Baby Spinach
. 1\4 teaspoon cinnamon
. 1 teaspoon ginger paste
. 1 large onion
. 1\2 teaspoon chopped garlic
. 1\4 teaspoon ground cardamom
. 1\2 teaspoon garam masala (hot spices)
. 1\2 cup chopped tomato
. 1\2 teaspoon salt (as per your taste)
. 3 tablespoons plain yogurt
. 8 ounces panner cheese, cut into cubes
. 1 tablespoon coriander powder
. 1\4 cup heavy cream
. 1\2 teaspoon paprika
- Cut the spinach into shreds and cook in 3 tablespoons water until tender.
- Take a pan add 1-2 tablespoon clarified butter or oil and add onion, cardamom, ginger and cinnamon into it and cook until onion is translucent.
- After that add chopped tomatoes and garlic, and reduce heat.
- Cook this briefly and slowly blend in yogurt a little at a time to prevent curdling.
- Now add garam masala (hot spices powder), salt, paprika and coriander and mix them well.
- Now add cooked spinach with liquid, cover and simmer on low heat for approximately 20-30 minutes.
- After 20-30 minute remove from heat.
- Take half of spinach mixture and puree in blender or food processor and return to mixture and stir.
- Now slowly stir in heavy cream and heat through on low heat.
- Finally add paneer cubes into it, cook for 2-3 minutes and serve.