Prep time: 25 minute
Cook time: 30 minute
Ready in: 9 hour 25 minute
Serving for 6 persons
. 6 chicken drumsticks
. 1 beaten egg
. 6 chicken thighs
. 2 tablespoons chicken seasoning mix
. 2 cups cold buttermilk
. 3 cups all-purpose flour
. 1 teaspoon chicken seasoning mix (again)
. 2 tablespoons salt
. 2 quarts vegetable oil for frying
. 1 quart cold water to cover
- Take a large bowl and place chicken drumsticks and thighs into it, then cover with cold water and mix in salt. Now cover the bowl properly and refrigerate from 8 hours to overnight.
- Rinse the chicken thoroughly and take a bowl and mix beaten egg, 1 teaspoon chicken seasoning and buttermilk until mixed well.
- Now place the chicken pieces into the buttermilk mixture and refrigerate for another 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large saucepan or deep-fryer.
- Take a shallow bowl and place flour and 2 tablespoons of chicken seasoning and mix until combined well. Now remove the chicken pieces from buttermilk bath, shake off excess buttermilk and press into flour and mix them properly.
- Now gently place the chicken pieces into hot oil…3 or 4 pieces at a time or more as your wish. Fry chicken until turns into golden brown for 12-15 minutes per batch.
- When it’s done both sides remove chicken pieces to a cooling rack set over paper towels or kitchen tissue to remove excess oil before serving. Serve with your favorite dip.
- Remove chicken pieces to a cooling rack set over paper towels to remove excess oil before serving.