If you migrate your file server to a new server and your Windows 7 offline files are pointing to your old server.
You can fix this by deleting the content of Client Side Caching or the CSC folder in the Windows folder.
The CSC is protected Windows file so you better leave it alone.
There is way to remove Offline Files Cache by entering a registry key and rebooting your computer.
To do this;
1. Open the registry editor by going Start, type regedit in the windows search box and hit enter.
2. Navigate to this location HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Csc\Paramers
3. Right click and create new DWORD and rename to FormatDatabase
4. Double click the new key and change the Value Data to 1.
5. Reboot the computer
Remove Offline Files Cache in the Windows Command Prompt
The process above can be done by simply running this command in the your commandline prompt (cmd) as administrator.
1. Run the cmd program by going to Start> type cmd in the command prompt.
2. Right click CMD and click Run as Administrator
3. Type the command bellow in the command promtp;
reg add HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Csc\Parameters /v FormatDatabase /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
4. Reboot the computerPublisher: abdirahman isse