If you migrate your file server to a new server and your Windows XP offline files are pointing to your old server. You can fix this by downloading and installing “Client-Side Caching Command-Line Options command-line tool” and running the command bellow.
CSCCMD.exe is a utility that comes with Windows Server 2003 Resource Kit which is on the 2k3 installation disc, or can be downloaded online.
Here is how you would fix Windows XP Offline files pointing to an old location.
1. Download and install Windows Server 2003 Resource Kit Tools
2. Open the command prompt and type cd\ to go to the root directory.
3. Type cd program files\windows resource kits\tools
4. Type csccmd /moveshare:\\old-serverold\share \\new-servernew\share
5. Repeat this process for each offline share.
Note: To find out the old shares or confirm the new shares, type mobsync in the command prompt.
1. Click Start -> All Programs -> Accessories and click on Command Prompt
2. In the command prompt, type mobsync and hit enter.Publisher: abdirahman isse