Prep time: 30 min
Cook time: 1h 30 min
Ready in: 2 hour
Servings: 8 people
. 1 pound ground beef
. 1\2 cup cooked brown rice
. 27 ounces sauerkraut, drained
. 1 chopped onion
. 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
. 2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed tomato soup
. 1 1/4 teaspoons garlic salt
. 5 slices bacon
. 1 medium head cabbage
. 1 (29 ounce) can diced tomatoes
. Black pepper to taste
. 3 cups water
. 2 tablespoons white sugar
. 1 teaspoon salt
- First preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and then bring a pot of water to boil.
- Now take the beef and stir with cooked rice, onion, garlic, parsley, salt, 1\2 can of tomato soup and pepper. Mix them well.
- Core head of cabbage and place in boiling water until cabbage cooked partly.
- Now separate trim stems and leaves and reserve about 24 to 32 whole leaves. Now cut remaining leaves and line them into a bottom of large roasting pan.
- After that lightly pack a small handful of the meat mixture and then place that meat in the centre of a cabbage leaf.
- Now fold top part of the leaf over mixture and then fold in the sides and keep rolling until mixture is completely shrouded.
- Now take a pan and lay rolls on top of tom cabbage leaves and place sauerkraut evenly over the rolls.
- Now lay bacon on top of sauerkraut and sprinkle with 1-2 tablespoons of sugar. Now mix chopped tomatoes and soup with water and pour the water over the rolls.
- You can add additional water to reach top of cabbage rolls.
- Now bake the rolls at 350 degrees F for 1\2 hours or until they cooked well.