Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
Ready in: 1hour 15 minute
Serving: 8 persons
. 1 cup chicken broth
. 1 diced red bell pepper
. 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
. 1 can diced tomatoes with green chili peppers
. 1 diced green bell pepper
. 1 can condense cream of chicken soup
. 1 diced white onion
. 1 can condense cream of mushroom soup
. 1 teaspoon ancho chili powder
. 2 tablespoons sour cream
. 10 corn tortillas cut into quarters
. ½ teaspoon dried oregano
. 8 ounce shredded cheddar cheese
. ¼ teaspoon chipotle chili powder
. 1 cooked chicken, cut into chunks
. 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- Preheat your oven to 175 degrees C or 350 degrees.
- Take a large skillet and heat the oil. Now sauté green bell pepper, onion and red bell pepper in hot oil until warmed about 2 minutes.
- Now take a large bowl and combine sour cream, cream of mushroom soup, oregano, chicken broth, chipotle Chile powder, onion-pepper mixture, cumin, cream of chicken soup, ancho chile powder and diced tomatoes cream and stir until sauce is well-mixed.
- Take a baking dish and spread a few tablespoons of the sauce in the bottom and then spread ½ the chicken over the sauce. Again spread half the sauce over the chicken and top the chicken with 1/3 of cheese.
- Now spread a layer of tortillas over the cheese and then spared remaining chicken over that tortillas and top with all of the remaining sauce. You can make another layer like that.
- After that bake casserole in the preheated oven until bubbling for about 40 minutes. Broil the casserole until top is golden or about 2 to 3 minutes.