If you setup dynamically changing Virtual Hyper-V disk, you will notice that it dynamically increased the size as you install software or create data but does not reduce in size when you delete content. Follow the instruction below to shrink the virtual hard disk or the VHDX file.
1. In the Hyper-V Manager, right click the virtual machine
2. Click Edit Disk
3. Click Next in the Edit Virtual Hard Disk Wizard
4. Browse and choose the correct virtual disk (VHDX) file and click next
5. Choose Compact option and click next
6. Click Finish to shrink the unused virtual hard disk’