Viruses like the cold, cough and flu can be transmitted easily; even a simple handshake or being around someone who is sick can be contagious. To prevent the spread and acquisition of germs, follow the tips below:
1. Cover your nose and/or mouth whenever you sneeze or cough with cloth or your arm – NOT your hand.
2. Wash your hands frequently, especially before eating and after going to the restroom. It’s best to use soap and water, but in its absence, you can always use rubbing alcohol.
3. Immediately wash your hands after sneezing or coughing, before you get to touch anything else.
4. Don’t share objects that touch the mouth like utensils, lipsticks, toothbrushes and the like.
5. It is also not advisable to share water bottles, drink and food containers with a sick person.
6. It’s best to stay home and rest when down with a fever or with severe cough and cold.
7. If you must go to work or school even when sick, do wear a face mask.
8. At the first signs of a cough, cold and flu, counter it with the right medicine prescribed by your doctor.
9. Quickly put away used tissues, handkerchiefs and towels used to blow your nose with.