Mixture of flour or bread and combined with butter and toasted in the oven called Crumb topping. Crumb topping can be sweet or savory. Savory crumbs are famous for fish, pasta, casseroles, and vegetables etc. Sweet crumb topping for fruits, yogurt, ice-cream, muffins, pies etc.
Ingredients for Sweet crumb topping
. 3\4 cup (154g) unsalted butter
. 3\4 cup light brown sugar
. 1\3 cup granulated sugar
. 1 1\2 cups all purpose flour
. 1\4 tea spoon salt
. 1\4 tea spoon cinnamon
Method for Sweet crumb topping
1. Take a bowl and add flour, salt, cinnamon, granulated sugar, light brown sugar and mix them.
2. Now take the unsalted butter and cut them into small or square shape and add them into your bowl of dry ingredients.
3. Now mix them with a large wooden spoon or you can also use your hand.
4. Now take a baking sheet and bake them in oven for 15 minutes.
5. Your sweet crumb topping is ready now you can use it instantly or you can also store them. For storing them divide them into half and freeze them in plastic freezer
Ingredients for Savory crumb topping
. 5 oz. leftover bread
. 1\2 cup parmesan cheese
. 3 cloves of garlic
. 1\2 cup chopped parsley
. 1\4 cup unsalted butter\olive oil
Method for Savory crumb topping
1. Put your bread in your counter. Moldy and slightly stiff bread is ideal for breadcrumb. Now cut them into smaller pieces and leaving it in an open bowl to make it dry.
2. Now take your food processor and add the mixture into it. Now pulse the food processor to make it crumbs, don’t pulse too long or you will have powder instead of crumbs.
3. Now take a pan and heat your butter or olive oil.
4. Now add your smash cloves into the heated butter or olive oil.
5. Cook the garlic for 3 to 5 minutes into the butter or oil. In this way the liquid will be infused.
6. Now remove the detached garlic cloves with a perforation spoon. Now scatter your breadcrumbs into the butter and toss them with a spoon.
7. You can use parmesan cheese for cheesy breadcrumb topping.
8. Now stir in chopped parsley and add some sea salt and pepper for taste.
9. Now use the breadcrumbs on your dish. You can also cook them into the oven. First take a baking sheet put them into it and bake for 15 minutes on 350 degree Fahrenheit or 177 Celsius.Publisher: Fadiyah Sameh