Getting your website listed on the top of Google search takes lot of optimization methods, quality content, and most importantly knowing Google’s method of ranking sites.
In this article, we will list number of methods that you can use to improve your website for the search engine known us “Search Engine Optimization” or “SEO”.
Below are list of steps that you can take to improve the SEO of your website:
1) Ensure that your website does not have any broken links. Use this free online tool to check for any broken links: Broken Links Check
2) Ensure that your met-tag keywords match the content of the website.
3) Ensure that the content of your website is unique and no actual copy of the text is available another page or site.
4) Do not buy links from web directories and make sure there are no incoming links to your site from banned websites. Google will rank your website lower if links from unrelated, low rank sites are detected however; high quality subject related incoming links will increase your ranking.
5) Create a sitemap for your website. Sitemap is an XML file that will contains all the links of your site that the search engine crawlers use to identify the links within your site. You can generate free sitemap for your website here: Web-Site-Map.com.
6) Use Googel Webmaster Tools to verify that you own the website, upload your sitemap, and ensure that there are no errors on your site.
7) Let your visitors share your website on social media sites by adding social media plug-ins such as Facebook Plug-ins, Share-This Plug-ins and other share content plug-ins from other social media sites.Publisher: abdirahman isse