1) Tops: You need at least three of them; two cotton ones and one shirt. Make sure you choose colors that are easy to match with the rest of your clothes.
2) Jacket: Pick three garments that facilitate your passage from summer through fall. My recommendations are: a blazer, it can be a fitted or an oversized one; a sleeveless jacket, and a trench coat to be prepared for the first autumn rains.
3) Sweaters: The ideal number is two. An oversized cashmere sweater in a neutral color, like black, nude, gray or navy blue. The second one can be a turtleneck.
4) Dresses and skirts: One pencil skirt that you can use at work by day and then go for cocktails at night by just changing your accessories. A shift dress, you can put on tights when weather starts to get chilly.
5) Shoes: One pair of loafers, patent ones are perfect. One pair of block-heel pumps will make your office outfits a little more chic without losing comfort. One pair of knee-high boots, they are comfy and super trendy.
6) Pants: One pair of jeans, the type you feel most comfortable with. A pair of culottes, the IT pants of the season, work all year long.
7) Accessories: Must-have accessories for this season are four: a colorful bandana, a pair of patterned tights, a wide-brimmed fedora hat and a one statement earring (yes, just one. Not a pair).Publisher: mariana d.