Reverse lookup zone resolves the IP address to its hosting name and enables you to utilize the NSLOOKUP utility.
To create a Reverse lookup zone in a Windows 2003 DNS. Follow these steps:
1. Click Start -> Administrative Tools -> DNS.
2. Expand the server object by clicking the + sign to view the Reverse Lookup folder.
3. Right click the Reverse Lookup zone and click New Zone. This will start forward lookup zone creation wizard.
4. Choose the type of Zone to create (Active Directory Integrated, Standard Primary, or Standard Secondary). Choose same type as your Forward Lookup Zone.
5. Type the Network ID in the box (for example: 192.168.0) and click next. The network ID is the network portion of your IP address.
6. Click next on the Zone file window and click the Finish.Publisher: abdirahman isse