This article is quick guide to add a domain controller to an existing windows 2003 domain environment. You may use this method to convert an existing member server to a domain controller in the domain.
To do this, follow these steps:
1. Login the system as an Administrator
2. Click Start -> Run
3. Type dcpromo and click ok. This will start active directory installation wizard.
4. Choose “Additional Domain Controller for an existing domain” option. Click next.
5. In the Network Credentials window, type the domain administrator account login name and password. Click next.
6. Select a correct domain name if you have multiple domains or Keep the default domain in the Domain Controller window. Click next.
7. Choose the location of your Active Directory Database and Log File. Storing these files in a separate hard disk is recommended for performance reasons. Click Next.
8. Choose the location of Sysvol folder. Sysvol stores domains public files and the contents are replicated to all domain controllers in the domain. Must be NTFS folder. Click Next.
9. Type the Active Directory Restore Mode password. Make sure to keep this password in secure location. You will need to access Active Directory Access Restore Mode. Click Next.
10. Review the summary to verify the domain, database, and the sysvol location.Publisher: abdirahman isse