If your Active Directory Domain Controller on Windows Server 2008 R2 displaying the error message such as: “The DFS Namespace service could not initialize cross forest trust information on this domain controller, but it will periodically retry the operation. The return code is in the record data
This occurs because the DFS Namespace service attempts to start before the Active Directory Service starts.
To resolve this issue, force the DFS Namespace service to start after the Active Directory service has initialized. We can do this by setting the DFS Namespace service to start after the AD services.
To make this changes;
1) On your Domain Controller, open Services.msc
2) Double click DFS Namespace service
3) Change the start-up type from Automaitc to Automatic (Delayed Start)
4) Click Ok
You can also accomplish the same task by doing the changes bellow:
1. Navigate to the registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMCurrentControlSetservicesDfs
2. Modify the DependOnService value and add NTDS to the list.
3. Create a new DWORD value named DelayedAutostart and set its value to 1.