Universal group membership catching allows to process login requests when Global Catalog server is not available. Universal group membership catching is best used when you have remote location with few computers and regular users connected to main or branch location. Users login credentials are cached locally but Global Catalog server is required in the initial login of any user.
To enable Universal Group membership catching, follow these steps;
1. On your domain controller, click Start, select Administrative Tools, and then click on Active Directory Sites and Services.
2. Select the site to enable the Group Membership Catching.
3. Right click NTDS Site Settings and click on Properties
4. Select Enable Universal Group Membership Catching check box.
5. In the Refresh Cache From, select the site to receive updates from or leave it as default to receive updates from the nearest site.
6. Click Ok when done.Publisher: abdirahman isse