Global Catalog is the Server that holds forest-wide Active Directory objects in a single or multi-domain forest. Global Catalog enables domain forest-wide functionalities such as active directory object searches, user login processing, and universal group membership capabilities.
To assign domain controller as a Global Catalog server, follow these steps:
1. On your domain controller, click Start, select Administrative Tools, and then click on Active Directory Sites and Services.
2. Expand the site that contains the domain controller to be assigned as Global Catalog Server.
3. Expand Servers container and expand the Server to become Global Catalog.
4. Right click the NTDS and click on Properties.
5. Select Global Catalog check box under the general tab.
6. Click Ok when done.Publisher: abdirahman isse