RoboCopy is not the greatest tool when it comes to migrating large file server or complex folder structure. For many times that have used it, I found there is problems with this tool of skipping files.
Here are list of alternative programs that you can use to copy files:
1. RichCopy – RichCopy is a free utility developed by Microsoft Engineer Ken Tamaru. RichCopy can open multiple threads simultaneously, allowing many files to be copied in parallel and cutting the total time required to complete the operation several times over. You can also pause and resume file copy operations, so if you lose network connectivity at any point, you can just pick up where you left off.
2. TeraCopy – Popular utility designed to copy files faster and more reliably, providing the user with many features. TeraCopy uses dynamically adjusted buffers to reduce seek times. It can resume broken file transfers and skip bad files during the copying process.
3. Copy Handler – Copy Handler is a free software for Windows systems, which allows you fully integrates with the operating system. In addition, Copy Handler offers many advanced options such as task queuing, filtering files according to specific criteria, pausing and resuming copying files operations, changing the copying parameters on the fly and in many cases also offers a significant acceleration of the entire copying files process.
4. FastCopy – FastCopy is a utility that gives you unprecedented control over copying and transferring files at fast rate. FastCopy will copy or delete information on your computer. It can copy or delete files with Unicode pathnames or pathnames exceeding MAX_PATH (260byte). Include or exclude filter (UNIX wildcard style) can be specified.
5. ExtremeCopy – ExtremeCopy is a utility which copy file extremely fast, it will auto optimize speed and resource base on target physical machine,so it will as fast as possible, especially copy big files, it can increase 20% ~ 120% speed up than Windows Explorer’s default copy handler , excellent features for your backup file routine.
6. UltraCopier – XXCopy is a command line copier program that is not complicated to use. One of the least advanced progam to use and is not that great alternative to RoboCopy.
7. XXCopy – Ultracopier is free and open source software licensed under GPL3 that acts as a replacement for files copy dialogs. Main features include: play/pause, speed limitation, on-error resume, error/collision management.Publisher: abdirahman isse